Friday, May 4, 2012

2009



My camera died after I took one picture :(
2009 was the best year I have ever had! On January 31st Kevin wanted to take me out for a fancy dinner date. He said he would be there to pick me up at 4:00pm (which really means 4:30 in Kevin time) and to dress warm. So at around 4:45 he was at my house with his brothers awesome truck and extra jackets in the back. I was so excited I couldn't stand it! When we arrived at PF Changs in Salt Lake City we had a nice dinner at a table for 2 and talked for about 2 hours about nothing and everything. Then he took me to one of the most amazing places in Salt Lake City, the Galavan Center, where we went ice skating outside under the stars. It was just me and him for about an hour before a big group of people came and crowded up the place. That was when we decided to leave. We took a fun little walk around the Galavan Center and talked some more. As we were walking we found this cute, romantic spot in a group of trees that had lights all around them and had a bench and a cute little pathway going through it. We stopped here and as we were looking around he pulled out a piece of paper that had definitions on it of different words such as, love, friendship, eternity and a whole bunch more. He gave it to me to read and as I was reading it he pulled out another piece of paper that had the most amazing poem on it. It was a poem that he had wrote. I will have to take a picture of it and copy it down because I don't remember every word on that poem. I do remember the end though it states "I hope you will call me your husband if I can call you my wife." As he said those last words he got down on one knee and pulled out the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen! I was so excited I didn't know how to react. I don't think I even said yes I just grabbed the ring out of the box and put it on. So I guess that means yes!! We stayed in that little cove for quite sometime talking some more and planning our future. I was the happiest girl in the whole world! As we headed home I called and text everyone I could think of. I can still remember that night is if it was yesterday. I love Kevin with all my heart and am the luckiest girl alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment